It is this single fundraiser which allows us to make so many positive changes in the lives of many.
Join us at our 31st Annual Elegant Evening on Saturday, April 18, 2020 at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe!
Our 2019 sponsors are our shining stars!
Coldwell Banker – Kim Valverde, Coldwell Banker – Ron Hoy, Sierra Air Inc., Law firm of Laub & Laub, Carson Welding, Inc. ,
All donations and portions of purchased tickets provided direct assistance to the women and youth in our community and the world, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Here is just some of the work YOU are an active part in when you support Soroptimist International of Tahoe Sierra!
For our youth
- Elementary Level: BATS – art education in our schools, On Your Way Awards at our schools, Summer Reading Program – provides books to all youth in the basin area grades K – 5, Bijou K-Adventure Program, Bijou 5th Grade Field Trip, Girls On The Run, Kahle Community Center’s Morning Program, Baby Book Program, Tahoe Valley Elementary– Musical Performance and Science Theater Workshops.
- Middle School Level: South Tahoe Middle School programs to strengthen positive body image & Girls’ Empowerment training, The Drug Store Project – a drug prevention event for all 6th graders, Summer Reading Program – provides books to all youth in the basin area grades 6 – 8, Junior “S” Club – a youth community service club at South Tahoe Middle School, Backpack Attack – for youth in need, Most Improved Student Awards and Academic Scholarships, Tech Trek – a math/science summer opportunity for girls, Between Horses & Humans, Girl Scout Leadership, and SOS Outreach.
- High School Level: Young Parents Program support at Mt. Tallac High School, Most Improved Student Awards and Academic Scholarships, G.I.V.E. Awards– community recognition of youth volunteerism, support to the Sports Connection program, Between Horses & Humans and SOS Outreach.
- For women. We provide the Live Your Dream Awards, Ruby Award, Disaster Relief Funds, Anti-Trafficking Educational Programs, and St. Josephs Land Trust Fund – helps women and children obtain permanent housing.
- For our community. We provide volunteer and financial support to Christmas Cheer, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Youth & Family Services, CASA Tahoe, and the Lake Tahoe Education Foundation.
- For our environment. We provide volunteer and financial support to the Sugar Pine Foundation, Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care, Snapshot Day – water quality program, A Brush with Kindness – Habitat for Humanity and recycling projects.
- For our world. We provide volunteer and financial support to The Zawadisha Fund, The Kellermann Foundation, and Heifer International.
Join us in making a positive difference in our community and the world. Donate and plan on attending our event each year and become a partner in the greater cause. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.