June 14, 2018
Angie will join us to share information on a project close to our heart and one that is supported through SITS. A week long camp which
- Provides a safe and enjoyable camp experience for children with diabetes.
- Give campers the opportunity to meet and develop friendships with other children with diabetes.
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Educate campers to better understand and control their diabetes.
- Promote awareness of nutrition as an essential component of diabetes management.
- Promote independence and self-discipline in the child’s approach to life with diabetes.
- Educate health professionals and students about Type 1 diabetes and its management.